Heroes in real Life

Thursday, July 28, 2011
For me, this summer has been all about the super hero. Our VBS here and in Port Hardy has been hero themed. We've looked at heroes in the Bible and learned the traits of a hero.

In the last couple days I've been thinking about the super heroes we see on TV, in movies, and read about in comics. Quite often their tales teach us something too. I love that Superman has his fortress of solitude. I see that and I am reminded that even super heroes need to take a break every now and then and recharge the batteries.

And so I'm wondering, what everyday life lessons have you gleaned from super hero stories. What might we learn from Bat Man for example? Always have the right equipment with you perhaps?

What do you think?

1 comments:

Brad Reid said...

Things I've learned from super heroes. That could be a long list.

With great power comes great responsibility is one. Spider-Man's uncle Ben had that right.

Heroes also show that doing the right thing can be costly.

Batman definitely shows the Ned for the right equipment and also the need to be properly prepared.

Also, a wide range of learning is important. You never know when a basic knowledge of quantum mechanics will come in handy.

Brad Reid