Don't Worry Be Happy

Thursday, September 16, 2010
For better or for worse, my ringtone for the past seven years have been predominantly the song "Don't Worry Be Happy."

Why?

It was cheap, and I purchased it in a moment when I was all caught up in nostalgia.

Last night I wanted an new ring tone and ended up buying a whole new phone.

Okay, so that's not how it went. I've previously written about our old cell phone. Here's a picture of it:


It's far from pretty, but it worked in its own temperamental and quirky sort of way. 

We've moved on to another phone. One with a camera (the photo above was taken with it), an Mp3 player, and most importantly a keyboard so we can get all into the texting.  Turns out we can now text anyone in the world for free. I'm actually keen to test this. Shoot me a note with your phone number and maybe I'll text you. Actually, the most important feature is probably the internal antenna. We had to super glue Flippy McFlipperson's on three times in the past month. 

Our new phone is also quite pretty. Want to see a picture. Well, you can't, Flippy doesn't take pictures. 

But if you see Sheena she'll probably let you see it and more than likely let you hold it for her for a while. She's already made a couple comments about the size. 

I should say that the motivation behind the switch is to better communicate with people: especially the younger crowd who are frequently doing the texting. After our event Monday night Sheena became convinced that I needed a better phone to be better equipped to do my job. I'm trying not to treat it like a toy, but rather a ministry tool since that increases its holiness.*

But now we need a new ringtone. We've considered a few options and are weighing the pros and cons of each. 

I can tell you right now that it won't be Taio Cruz's song Dynamite. I do enjoy air travel from time to time and I would hate for the words "We gon' light it up, like it's dynamite" to be heard coming from my phone while I'm in an airport. 

So, any ringtone suggestions for us. What songs make for a good ring tone? Or is the boring old ringer best? What do you think? And is it acceptable to get my wife a Bluetooth for her birthday?


*are ministry tools tithe deductible? 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it would no be acceptable.
Your Wife