Wal Mart Menace

Monday, April 19, 2010
I was nearly injured in Wal Mart the other day.

Now, given the amount of time I spend in Wal Mart, there is a high mathematical pprobability that eventually I will sustain a minor injury while shopping in that store. Most likely it will be something minor like a paper cut, or frostbite from holding frozen food too long while standing in line at the checkout.

However, the other day something far more out of the ordinary was going on.

I was almost run over by a lady on one of those motorized chairs that they provide for those with trouble walking across the massive floor space of the store. That in and of itself isn't all that odd. I've seem many a motorized menace. However, this one lady takes the cake.

She was texting while driving.

In a Wal Mart.

On a motorized chair.

Near the produce.

I would have a picture for you, but my phone is so antiquated that it lacks the capacity to do so. I need not fear a ticket for texting while driving because I lack the ability to do so.

I mention this to caution you because there is a motorized hazard on the loose.

And not because I'm jealous of this older lady with the sweet ride and the cooler phone.

Definitely not because of that.

0 comments: