The Path of Least Resistance

Tuesday, September 29, 2009
I've noticed that I've spent most of my life avoiding conflict.

I lamely chalk it up to being mostly made of water, and how that takes the path of least resistance.

But as I read through the scriptures I see encouragement over and again to face conflict head on. We're supposed to endure trials, not find a way out.

Maybe least resistance isn't the point. I don't see anywhere in the Bible where it says that taking it easy is the shortcut to heaven.

And if the easy rout isn't the point of life, I should probably quit looking for it.

I'm sitting here today wondering what impact this has had on my life so far. I'm also hoping to change this course of action. I'm beginning to wonder if God was in each and every difficult situation waiting to see if I'd find him or run away and take the easy way out.

0 comments: