Big Change

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I’m not anti change.

I need to say that up front because if you read further it may seem that I am. I am not against change.*

We have made a lot of changes in the last year. We’ve changed jobs, houses, postal codes, phone numbers, paint colours, number of showers in our house, milk brands, phone service, my underwear, mechanics, churches, coffee allegiance, insurance providers, garbage cans, the number of individuals in our family, voting districts, churches, hair care professionals, magazine subscriptions, and my office configuration. There are probably other changes we’ve encountered that we haven’t realized yet.

You’re probably getting the idea that there has been a lot of change. Good, as that is what I’m trying to tell you.

It finally seems as though I’ve come up against the unchangeable. For the past two nights we’ve begun to experiment with changing which side of the bed we sleep on.

I’m exhausted.

I’m sleep deprived.

I can’t prove it, but I think that when I get up Sheena moves over to her original side of the bed and gets a couple good hours of sleep.

We’re doing this to ourselves for good reason. Let me walk you through out logic:

1. When the baby comes (in the next two weeks) we want to have the cradle beside the bed next to Sheena.
2. There is only one side of the bed where the cradle fits.
3. The cradle location can’t change but where we sleep can (at least in theory).
4. So, we’re trying to switch which side of the bed we sleep on.

I’ll let you know how this all works out in the end. So far, it’s been rough. This is one of the hardest things I’ve ever attempted changing. But I’m not going to let it get the best of me. I will triumph.






*If you’re hoping this will be a discourse about getting rid of the penny I’m sorry to inform you that this post is not about that kind of change. However, for the record, I’m all for going penniless. Who wears penny loafers anymore anyways? Include tax in the prices and have everything rounded to a nickel. But that’s not what this is about.

0 comments: