Good Choir?

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I don't know your opinion of choirs. Some of you may be thinking the title of this post is an oxymoron. Some may be thinking about an encounter with such a choral group.

I have not had good experiences with choirs. Growing up my church had a choir. They did not sound good. I did not like their song selection. They wore funny robes. There was always one person who sang louder than the rest. That one person couldn't sing. I disliked how the director always had their back to me. Why would they never look me in the eye?

I could go on like this.

Recently our church was renting out it's auditorium to a community choir to practice during the week. They didn't sound so good either. Plus they were singing Christmas Carols in October. October is too early to have to listen to Christmas Carols: especially poorly sung ones.

I don't know that I've ever heard a good choir.

Thus my opinion of choirs is not a good one.

That may be changing. Cue the FBC Sr Adult Choir.

0 comments: